A Chicken Noodle Christmas Eve

Soooo…
Last year we made a birthday cake for Jesus we had the candles and decorative icing and all, Santa got his homemade cookies, and Cort cooked an amazing Christmas Eve dinner,  and a Christmas breakfast that even Cracker Barrell could not compete with.  
 I felt all our ducks were in a nice row last year. Christmas gifts were all purchased and wrapped with neatly folded corners and perfectly coordinated and tied ribbons several weeks before Christmas Eve rolled around because our family was working to help at my uncle and aunt’s jewelry store.
However, this year things went downhill slightly, with positive strep test, vomit, sickness, and the SO LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING we have ran into several bumps along the way.
Cort and I rotated to help each other so neither one of us gets worn out, yet we still build memories with the kids. Cort took the morning shift and managed to bake sausage balls and Christmas candy with the girls. I pulled the evening shift and made the birthday cake for Jesus, and set his place at our table; however I burnt my wrist cooking the pumpkin pie that served as our birthday cake for Jesus and our delicious Christmas Eve dinner pretty much just consisted of Chili. I know how pathetic…I was a little embarrassed when we said the prayer and invited Jesus to eat at our table. The King of Kings hanging out with us eating a bowl of Chili, and then Chaise looks at me across the table and says, “Jesus can’t even eat with us because you did not put food on his plates.”  
Finally, it hit me. Jesus does not care that I am representing with Nabisco Cookies for Santa this year, or that the presents are wrapped but not as neatly as I would have hoped for. Because we ran out wrapping paper, and about 4 gifts are missing the bottom half of their wrapping paper.  
I normally pride myself on knowing we have everything organized and ready to go, but I do know this despite the fact that Cort, the girls and I are feeling a little under the weather and it has not been one of the most entertaining Christmas Eves ever. We still purposed to build memories with our girls and help them focus on who the true “big guy” is this Christmas Eve.  
With the blowing of the noses and listening to our girls upstairs plotting how they can “trap” Santa, at this rate I am pretty sure we are going to have a late night early morning not what are achy bodies exactly need, but the important thing is when we wake up at the crack of dawn before the rooster crows. We are waking up knowing even though our stockings are filled with Chicken noodle, Kleenex, and medicine we are still very blessed, and will REJOICE THAT OUR SAVIOR IS BORN!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Merry Christmas for our Home to yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment