Raising Fashion Experts….


Do I look Ok?  This is the questions we ladies having being asking for decades.  Too often we get caught up on our outside beauty,and the latest trends. BUT there is a way that we can lead by example and teach our daughters to become true FASHION EXPERTS by always remembering to wear their secret accessories.   
Raising three daughters I get my fair share of fashion questions daily.  Don’t get me wrong I love finding a good hairspray or buying new lipstick and pretty sure with our color selection my girls and I could open up our own nail salon.  I have always enjoyed painting my girls toes and playing dress up with them.
When Rielly turned 3 years old, she looked up at me with her deep blue eyes and said, “Mommy, I want to be as pretty as you. Will you please put some makeup on me?”  So of course we played dress-up, but that day I gave her the best fashion advice and makeover I felt a Momma could give their daughter.   I told  Rielly, “Of course you can be as pretty as Momma, but before Momma puts on my lipstick, or I straighten my hair. I put on my “SECRET Accessories” better known as the ARMOR of GOD.   I will try and break down each piece the way I see it to give you a better understanding on why I feel the Armor is any lady’s greatest accessory, but the best part is it is FREE.
 Normally, when you think about the Armor of the Lord you think about putting on Battle Gear. The way I was able to remember to put it on in the morning was to remember it was my special accessory package.  I mean what girl does not love accessories?

·         Belt of Truth:  In my mind it is a fancy gold belt with some bling bling . When I ask God to put it on my family I am asking him to help us know that He is the way, the Truth and Life, and we need HIM in  every situation to help remind us that HIS TRUTH set us free from anything that would try to enslave us today.

·         Breastplate of Righteousness:   Imaging putting on the most elegant eye stopping vest adorned with turquoise beads,  and other adornments  that would make any top look complete, that head turning look we all long for yet this time for all the right reasons.  When I ask God to equip my family with the Breastplate of Righteousness I am asking that HE use each one of us, and help us to chose to do the right things.

·         Shoes of Peace:   I do not know about you ladies, but I am a shoe queen. I am a firm believer that the shoes can make or break any outfit. Basically, I love shoes, but these shoes are like no other pair I own, I have never seen these shoes in any store. I in vision my shoes of peace being the best pair of high heels, but having the comfort of tennis shoes, and shabby chic look of  a pair of TOMS. These shoes allow me and my family to know that we can walk in the peace knowing that we do not have to worry or be anxious for anything because GOD has it covered for us.  Once you place your shoes of peace on you have an inner peace and readiness to tackle your day.

·         Shield of Faith:  Well every good outfit has to have a purse and that is what I see my Shield of Faith being.  I am not talking about the Vera Bradley wristlets bags I am talking about those oversize put your kitchen sink in kind of bags.  We have to live by faith daily believing in things that we do not see.  Our faith comes from past experiences, the verses and stories we have learned and from other believers encouraging us. 

·         Helmet of Salvation:  I enjoy wearing a cute fashionable hat.  Our helmet of Salvation reminds us daily that Jesus is why we are forgiven and free, and no matter what comes against my family or yours  we can rely on and believe that Jesus provides us Eternity with him, and no one or thing can take that away from us.

·         Sword of the Spirit:  We have to hide God’s word in our hearts so we can stand on the truth with lives craziness comes our way! I always think of the Sword of the Spirit as a ring. The best way to help you understand why I think a ring is because of what my wedding ring represents to me.  My wedding ring is a visual reminder to me of the vow my husband made to me. He promised to guide, comfort, protect and love me. God’s word does the same thing for me. So today when life gives you lemons turn it into lemonade and remember your “Special Ring”. 

Some of my favorite times in the morning are hearing my girls in shower praying. I love hearing Kailee Grace and Chaise asking God to put our families “Armor On”.  Their prayers normally start off something like this… Jesus put the shield of faith, the breast of righteousness, Sword of the spirit, belt of truth and shoes of peace, and she adds a piece the gloves of Praise on Mommy, Daddy, Rielly and Us. That part of my morning routine never gets old!  

My Two Cent’s for you today is this: Let’s be true Fashion Experts and put on the Accessories that matter the most. THE ARMOR OF THE LORD, and by doing that we will raise fashion experts! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment